Shelter From The Storm

Shelter From The Storm

 Gathering Dew inprogree

Gathering Dew inprogree

I have been working on a series from discarded bits of trees.  Shelter From The Storm is finished and Gathering Dew is getting closer to completion.  However, when I started Gathering Dew, I had a very unrealistic expectation for the number of seedpods needed to cover it.  I am nearing 2,000 and now I am guessing that it will take around 3,000 when it is all said and done.  Also in the works I made some tree rubbing experiments and I reassembled a set of roots.  The final rubbings will be overlain with other mediums.  For the reassembled  roots I plan to weave rattan up the sides and integrate glass etchings.  

Tomorrow I start my new job.  Unfortunately this means less art time.  Regardless, I am pushing to get these pieces completed.

 tree rubbing sample

tree rubbing sample

 roots reassembled 

roots reassembled 

Comment